Application deadline: March 15, 2018. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
Requirements for Entering the EKU Interpreter Training Program
Graduating from our program will give you a four-year bachelor of science degree. Following is a list of required classes as well as pre-admission and admission criteria. The first step in entering our program is to apply to the University. Your first two years will be spent taking general education classes and beginning sign language classes. After two years, you will be eligible to submit an application of intent for admission into the Interpreter Training Program if you meet the requirements. Enrollment in this program is limited.
Admission to EKU is not synonymous with admission to the ITP. Each application will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and the student will be notified of the committee's decision.
• Overall GPA of 2.5 or higher by the end of the semester preceding application, and
• ASL 106 with a grade of “Satisfactory”, and
• ASL 201 and 202 with a grade of “B” or higher, and
• ITP 215W and 220 with a grade of “C” or higher, and
• Completed the Degrees of Reading Power Language Test, and
• Completed an admission interview by the ITP Interview Committee.
Progression and Retention in the Program
• A grade of “C” or higher is required for all ITP and lecture-based ASL courses (ASL 225, 325, 390, 425), and
• A grade of “B” or higher is required (with the exception of no more than one grade of “C”) for all skill-based ASL courses (ASL 301, 302, 305, 306, 310), and
• Maintain a 2.75 GPA in the major.
If you have any questions, please contact the department at (859) 622-4966 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in the EKU Interpreter Training Program.
Please complete the form below to begin the application process.
- The Reading Test is considered part of the application and must be taken prior to the deadline.
- All documents must be submitted before the deadline.
- Letters of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This application will only be considered for Spring 2018.
IMPORTANT: A confirmation email will be sent to you immediately after you submit the completed form. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please try again and complete all required fields.