ASLIE in the Spotlight
Study American Sign Language in Burgos and Granada, Spain
ASL 380 — Historical Roots of the Deaf Community in Spain
Spring 2018 – 2nd 8 Weeks with a summer field study during June 2018 in Spain
This program requires three Saturday on campus classes before departure:
March TBD 4:30 - 8:00 p.m. (Saturday)
April TBD 4:30 — 8:00 p.m. (Saturday)
May TBD 4:30 — 8:00 p.m. (Saturday)
And mandatory attendance at Pre-departure orientation Date: TBD
Tentatively June 6th — June 26, 2018 (trip)
Approximately 3 weeks
TBA one free weekend in Spain.
Using the cities of Burgos and Granada as your classroom, you will study ASL in a very practical and experiential manner. This program will include activities and excursions specifically developed to help you expand your ASL foundation. Interact with the Deaf Spanish community, while learning about signed languages, history, education and culture. This is a unique and exceptional program, space is limited.
Open to ALL Kentucky college/university ASL students that have completed ASL 201 by May 2018
or demonstrated equivalent ASL skills
Program fee: $3,350
Deadline to submit application and payment of non-refundable $500 deposit
Is Due: January 19th, 2018
Scholarships are available for EKU degree seeking students.
There are no scholarships for non-EKU students.
*Includes rooms, ground transportation within Spain, planned educational excursions and some meals.
Cost DOES NOT include: round-trip flight, passport, or international insurance.
How Do I Apply?
- If you are interested in enrolling in this course, please go to the Education Abroad Office in Keith 129 to have your name put on the list, and email Karen.Millsap@eku.edu
- An email will be sent out to all students on the list as soon as the program details and cost have been finalized. In the email, the date and time will be provided to let you know when applications will start being accepted.
- Students must submit the application along with the *receipt for their deposit, to the Education Abroad Office in Keith 129.
*Applications will not be considered complete without the deposit receipt.
- Complete Applications will be numbered in the order they are turned in to the Education Abroad Office.
- Students will be emailed the course CRN with instructions on how to register for their class, after they have turned in their completed application for the program.
For Study Abroad, Financial Aid & Registration Information:
Katie Samuel, Education Abroad Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org or 622-8794
Jennifer White, Education Abroad Administrator email@example.com or 622-1705
For Class Information:
Karen Millsap-O'Hicks, Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-475-1081
|Spain Trip Flyer||578.42 KB|
|Spain Trip Application||199.91 KB|
|Spain Trip Key Points/FAQs||107.93 KB|
Published on September 14, 2011